Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 4:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 04:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.51 meters/second, 1618.2 km/hour, 1005.5 miles/hour or 873.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 49.2"||1005.44 mi||West||0° 11' 20.7"||12.99 mi||North||1005.46 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 23.2"||749.21 mi||East||4° 25' 26.5"||303.98 mi||North||806.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Esmeraldas||Fri 11:18 PM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||SSW|
|San Juan de Pasto||Fri 11:18 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Fri 11:18 PM||279 km||174 miles||151 nm||S|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Fri 11:18 PM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||S|
|Cali||Fri 11:18 PM||302 km||187 miles||163 nm||ENE|
|Florencia||Fri 11:18 PM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||E|
|Ambato||Fri 11:18 PM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||S|
|Portoviejo||Fri 11:18 PM||403 km||250 miles||217 nm||SSW|
|Pereira||Fri 11:18 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||NE|
|Manizales||Fri 11:18 PM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.