Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 14:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.73 meters/second, 1615.4 km/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 54.3"||1003.77 mi||west||0° 11' 07.1"||12.73 mi||north||1003.73 mi|
|24 hours||10° 49' 53.5"||747.33 mi||east||4° 17' 52.1"||295.35 mi||north||801.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Sat 11:18 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||N|
|Manokwari||Sat 11:18 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||SSW|
|Sofifi||Sat 11:18 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sat 11:18 PM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||SE|
|Ternate||Sat 11:18 PM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||WSW|
|Davao||Sat 10:18 PM||1120 km||696 miles||605 nm||WNW|
|General Santos||Sat 10:18 PM||1143 km||710 miles||617 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Sat 10:18 PM||1198 km||745 miles||647 nm||WSW|
|Gorontalo||Sat 10:18 PM||1417 km||881 miles||765 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 12:18 AM||1465 km||910 miles||791 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.