Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 3:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 15:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.62 meters/second, 1615.0 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 54.8"||1003.43 mi||West||0° 11' 05.3"||12.70 mi||North||1003.39 mi|
|24 hours||10° 49' 55.2"||747.10 mi||East||4° 16' 53.1"||294.21 mi||North||800.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Sat 11:28 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||WNW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Sat 11:28 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||W|
|Pekan Tutong||Sat 11:28 PM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||W|
|Zamboanga City||Sat 11:28 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||NE|
|Kuala Belait||Sat 11:28 PM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||W|
|Miri||Sat 11:28 PM||510 km||317 miles||276 nm||W|
|Samarinda||Sat 11:28 PM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||SSW|
|Puerto Princesa||Sat 11:28 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||N|
|Palu||Sat 11:28 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||SSE|
|Balikpapan||Sat 11:28 PM||648 km||402 miles||350 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.