Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 8:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 20:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.04 meters/second, 1613.0 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 55.7"||1002.15 mi||West||0° 10' 56.8"||12.54 mi||North||1002.08 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 13.0"||746.47 mi||East||4° 12' 29.2"||289.18 mi||North||797.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galkayo||Sat 11:18 PM||192 km||119 miles||104 nm||NNW|
|Mogadishu||Sat 11:18 PM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||SW|
|Hargeisa||Sat 11:18 PM||666 km||414 miles||359 nm||NW|
|Bosaso||Sat 11:18 PM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||N|
|Berbera||Sat 11:18 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||NNW|
|Dire Dawa||Sat 11:18 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||NW|
|Kismayo||Sat 11:18 PM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||SW|
|Ali Sabieh||Sat 11:18 PM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||NW|
|Djibouti||Sat 11:18 PM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||NW|
|Aden||Sat 11:18 PM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.