Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 9:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 21:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.93 meters/second, 1612.6 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 55.9"||1001.90 mi||West||0° 10' 55.2"||12.51 mi||North||1001.83 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 17.8"||746.38 mi||East||4° 11' 41.1"||288.26 mi||North||797.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arba Minch||Sun 12:08 AM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||ENE|
|Jimma||Sun 12:08 AM||263 km||163 miles||142 nm||NNE|
|Awasa||Sun 12:08 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||NE|
|Nekemte||Sun 12:08 AM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||N|
|Adama||Sun 12:08 AM||490 km||305 miles||265 nm||NE|
|Addis Ababa||Sun 12:08 AM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||NE|
|Lira||Sun 12:08 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||SW|
|Juba||Sun 12:08 AM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||W|
|Gulu||Sun 12:08 AM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||SW|
|Mbale||Sun 12:08 AM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.