Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 2:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 02:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.22 meters/second, 1610.0 km/hour, 1000.4 miles/hour or 869.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 56.0"||1000.29 mi||West||0° 10' 45.0"||12.31 mi||North||1000.19 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 57.0"||745.93 mi||East||4° 06' 38.1"||282.49 mi||North||794.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Sat 11:08 PM||1130 km||702 miles||610 nm||S|
|Belém||Sat 11:08 PM||1573 km||977 miles||849 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Sat 11:08 PM||1599 km||994 miles||863 nm||S|
|Praia||Sun 1:08 AM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NE|
|Cayenne||Sat 11:08 PM||1749 km||1087 miles||945 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Sat 11:08 PM||2056 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||W|
|Salvador||Sat 11:08 PM||2143 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||S|
|Dakar||Sun 2:08 AM||2291 km||1424 miles||1237 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Sun 2:08 AM||2333 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||ENE|
|Georgetown||Sat 10:08 PM||2385 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.