Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 2:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 02:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.19 meters/second, 1609.9 km/hour, 1000.3 miles/hour or 869.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 56.0"||1000.23 mi||West||0° 10' 44.7"||12.31 mi||North||1000.13 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 58.5"||745.92 mi||East||4° 06' 27.6"||282.29 mi||North||794.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Sat 11:18 PM||1116 km||693 miles||603 nm||S|
|Belém||Sat 11:18 PM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Sat 11:18 PM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||W|
|Recife||Sat 11:18 PM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Sat 11:18 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||W|
|Praia||Sun 1:18 AM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||ENE|
|Georgetown||Sat 10:18 PM||2117 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||W|
|Salvador||Sat 11:18 PM||2135 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||S|
|Bridgetown||Sat 10:18 PM||2379 km||1478 miles||1284 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Sat 10:18 PM||2521 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.