Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 04:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 04:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.85 meters/second, 1608.6 km/hour, 999.6 miles/hour or 868.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 55.7"||999.45 mi||west||0° 10' 40.0"||12.22 mi||north||999.34 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 21.0"||745.77 mi||east||4° 04' 08.0"||279.63 mi||north||792.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Cristóbal||Sat 11:58 PM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||WNW|
|Cúcuta||Sat 11:28 PM||255 km||158 miles||137 nm||WNW|
|Bucaramanga||Sat 11:28 PM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||W|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Sat 11:58 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||ESE|
|San Fernando de Apure||Sat 11:58 PM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||ENE|
|Barquisimeto||Sat 11:58 PM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||NNE|
|Villavicencio||Sat 11:28 PM||445 km||276 miles||240 nm||SW|
|Bogota||Sat 11:28 PM||455 km||282 miles||245 nm||WSW|
|Maracaibo||Sat 11:58 PM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||NNW|
|Valencia||Sat 11:58 PM||480 km||299 miles||259 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.