Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 5:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 05:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.71 meters/second, 1608.1 km/hour, 999.3 miles/hour or 868.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 55.6"||999.14 mi||West||0° 10' 38.0"||12.18 mi||North||999.03 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 30.4"||745.72 mi||East||4° 03' 13.1"||278.58 mi||North||792.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|David||Sun 12:18 AM||175 km||109 miles||94 nm||N|
|Boquete||Sun 12:18 AM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||N|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Sun 12:18 AM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||NE|
|Limón||Sat 11:18 PM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||N|
|San Jose||Sat 11:18 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||NNW|
|Alajuela||Sat 11:18 PM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||NNW|
|Colón||Sun 12:18 AM||411 km||256 miles||222 nm||NE|
|Panama||Sun 12:18 AM||419 km||261 miles||226 nm||NE|
|Liberia||Sat 11:18 PM||516 km||320 miles||278 nm||NW|
|Masaya||Sat 11:18 PM||679 km||422 miles||366 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.