Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 2:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.05 meters/second, 1602.2 km/hour, 995.6 miles/hour or 865.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 52.9"||995.42 mi||West||0° 10' 15.7"||11.76 mi||North||995.27 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 40.0"||745.45 mi||East||3° 52' 36.2"||266.45 mi||North||787.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Mon 12:18 AM||585 km||364 miles||316 nm||NNW|
|Weno||Mon 12:18 AM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||E|
|Saipan||Mon 12:18 AM||751 km||467 miles||406 nm||N|
|Colonia||Mon 12:18 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Sun 11:18 PM||1302 km||809 miles||703 nm||W|
|Palikir||Mon 1:18 AM||1309 km||814 miles||707 nm||E|
|Jayapura||Sun 11:18 PM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Sun 11:18 PM||1712 km||1064 miles||924 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 12:18 AM||1980 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||S|
|Honiara||Mon 1:18 AM||2483 km||1543 miles||1341 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.