Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 16:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 16:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.64 meters/second, 1600.7 km/hour, 994.6 miles/hour or 864.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.58 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||north||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 52.1"||994.50 mi||west||0° 10' 10.3"||11.65 mi||north||994.34 mi|
|24 hours||10° 54' 15.5"||745.45 mi||east||3° 50' 02.7"||263.52 mi||north||786.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Mon 12:18 AM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||ENE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Mon 12:18 AM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||SSW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Mon 12:18 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||SSW|
|Pekan Tutong||Mon 12:18 AM||512 km||318 miles||277 nm||SSW|
|Kuala Belait||Mon 12:18 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SSW|
|Miri||Mon 12:18 AM||590 km||367 miles||318 nm||SW|
|Zamboanga City||Mon 12:18 AM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||ESE|
|Iloilo City||Mon 12:18 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||ENE|
|Bacolod||Mon 12:18 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||ENE|
|Cebu City||Mon 12:18 AM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.