Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 16:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 16:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.65 meters/second, 1600.7 km/hour, 994.6 miles/hour or 864.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.58 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||north||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 52.1"||994.51 mi||west||0° 10' 10.3"||11.65 mi||north||994.35 mi|
|24 hours||10° 54' 15.1"||745.45 mi||east||3° 50' 04.1"||263.55 mi||north||786.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Mon 12:18 AM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||NE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Mon 12:18 AM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||SSW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Mon 12:18 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||SSW|
|Pekan Tutong||Mon 12:18 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||SSW|
|Zamboanga City||Mon 12:18 AM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||ESE|
|Kuala Belait||Mon 12:18 AM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||SW|
|Miri||Mon 12:18 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||SW|
|Iloilo City||Mon 12:18 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||ENE|
|Bacolod||Mon 12:18 AM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||ENE|
|Cebu City||Mon 12:18 AM||744 km||462 miles||402 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.