Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 1, 2012 at 3:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 1, 2012 at 03:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.23 meters/second, 1592.0 km/hour, 989.2 miles/hour or 859.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 45.3"||989.09 mi||West||0° 09' 38.2"||11.04 mi||North||988.89 mi|
|24 hours||10° 58' 00.7"||745.75 mi||East||3° 35' 16.1"||246.63 mi||North||780.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Mon 12:08 AM||1466 km||911 miles||792 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 12:08 AM||1594 km||990 miles||861 nm||S|
|Belém||Mon 12:08 AM||1608 km||999 miles||869 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Mon 12:08 AM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||WSW|
|Praia||Mon 2:08 AM||1884 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||ENE|
|Georgetown||Sun 11:08 PM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Sun 11:08 PM||2123 km||1319 miles||1147 nm||W|
|Recife||Mon 12:08 AM||2145 km||1333 miles||1158 nm||SSE|
|Castries||Sun 11:08 PM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Sun 11:08 PM||2297 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.