Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 1, 2012 at 03:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 1, 2012 at 03:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.16 meters/second, 1591.8 km/hour, 989.1 miles/hour or 859.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.48 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 45.2"||988.91 mi||west||0° 09' 37.1"||11.02 mi||north||988.71 mi|
|24 hours||10° 58' 08.6"||745.77 mi||east||3° 34' 47.1"||246.07 mi||north||780.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Mon 12:28 AM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Mon 12:28 AM||1225 km||761 miles||661 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Mon 12:28 AM||1386 km||861 miles||748 nm||SSW|
|Georgetown||Sun 11:28 PM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Sun 11:28 PM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||WNW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 12:28 AM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||SSE|
|Castries||Sun 11:28 PM||1763 km||1095 miles||952 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Sun 11:28 PM||1774 km||1102 miles||958 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 11:28 PM||1785 km||1109 miles||964 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Sun 11:28 PM||1790 km||1113 miles||967 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.