Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 1, 2012 at 4:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 1, 2012 at 04:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.96 meters/second, 1591.0 km/hour, 988.6 miles/hour or 859.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 44.5"||988.47 mi||West||0° 09' 34.4"||10.97 mi||North||988.26 mi|
|24 hours||10° 58' 28.3"||745.81 mi||East||3° 33' 34.3"||244.68 mi||North||780.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 12:18 AM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||NW|
|Scarborough||Mon 12:18 AM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Mon 12:18 AM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||SSW|
|Chaguanas||Mon 12:18 AM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||W|
|San Fernando||Mon 12:18 AM||463 km||287 miles||250 nm||W|
|Port of Spain||Mon 12:18 AM||464 km||289 miles||251 nm||W|
|New Amsterdam||Mon 12:18 AM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||S|
|Kingstown||Mon 12:18 AM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||WNW|
|Saint George's||Mon 12:18 AM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||WNW|
|Vieux Fort||Mon 12:18 AM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.