Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 1, 2012 at 3:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 1, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.20 meters/second, 1581.1 km/hour, 982.5 miles/hour or 853.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 34.6"||982.27 mi||West||0° 08' 56.5"||10.25 mi||North||982.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 12.2"||746.61 mi||East||3° 16' 36.4"||225.27 mi||North||774.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Tue 1:18 AM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||ENE|
|Saipan||Tue 1:18 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||NE|
|Melekeok||Tue 12:18 AM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Tue 12:18 AM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Tue 12:18 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Tue 2:18 AM||1799 km||1118 miles||971 nm||ESE|
|Davao||Mon 11:18 PM||1971 km||1225 miles||1064 nm||WSW|
|Manado||Mon 11:18 PM||2318 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Mon 11:18 PM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Tue 1:18 AM||2473 km||1537 miles||1335 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.