Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.53 meters/second, 1571.5 km/hour, 976.5 miles/hour or 848.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.9"||976.27 mi||West||0° 08' 18.2"||9.51 mi||North||976.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 01.2"||747.61 mi||East||2° 59' 42.5"||205.94 mi||North||770.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouahigouya||Tue 1:20 AM||88 km||55 miles||48 nm||ESE|
|Dédougou||Tue 1:20 AM||164 km||102 miles||88 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Tue 1:20 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Tue 1:20 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||SE|
|Koutiala||Tue 1:20 AM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||SW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Tue 1:20 AM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||SSW|
|Dori||Tue 1:20 AM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||E|
|Sikasso||Tue 1:20 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Tue 1:20 AM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||ESE|
|Bamako||Tue 1:20 AM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.