Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.26 meters/second, 1559.8 km/hour, 969.2 miles/hour or 842.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.15 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||north||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 09.4"||968.95 mi||west||0° 07' 27.7"||8.55 mi||north||968.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 07.5"||749.00 mi||east||2° 37' 51.8"||180.93 mi||north||765.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Tue 2:20 AM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||N|
|Majuro||Wed 1:20 AM||1530 km||951 miles||826 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 1:20 AM||1697 km||1055 miles||916 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 1:20 AM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Wed 1:20 AM||1868 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 3:20 AM||2183 km||1356 miles||1179 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Wed 1:20 AM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:20 AM||2679 km||1665 miles||1446 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:20 AM||2689 km||1671 miles||1452 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Wed 12:20 AM||2807 km||1744 miles||1515 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.