Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 1:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.26 meters/second, 1559.8 km/hour, 969.2 miles/hour or 842.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 09.4"||968.95 mi||West||0° 07' 27.7"||8.55 mi||North||968.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 07.5"||749.00 mi||East||2° 37' 51.8"||180.93 mi||North||765.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Tue 2:20 AM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||N|
|Majuro||Wed 1:20 AM||1530 km||951 miles||826 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 1:20 AM||1697 km||1055 miles||916 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 1:20 AM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Wed 1:20 AM||1868 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 3:20 AM||2183 km||1356 miles||1179 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Wed 1:20 AM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:20 AM||2679 km||1665 miles||1446 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:20 AM||2689 km||1671 miles||1452 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Wed 12:20 AM||2807 km||1744 miles||1515 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.