Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 1:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.02 meters/second, 1548.1 km/hour, 961.9 miles/hour or 835.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.8"||961.67 mi||West||0° 06' 32.1"||7.49 mi||North||961.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 21.3"||750.48 mi||East||2° 14' 05.4"||153.70 mi||North||761.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Agadez||Wed 2:30 AM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||E|
|Arlit||Wed 2:30 AM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||NE|
|Maradi||Wed 2:30 AM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||SSE|
|Sokoto||Wed 2:30 AM||429 km||267 miles||232 nm||S|
|Zinder||Wed 2:30 AM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||SE|
|Niamey||Wed 2:30 AM||529 km||328 miles||285 nm||SW|
|Kano||Wed 2:30 AM||633 km||394 miles||342 nm||SSE|
|Dori||Wed 1:30 AM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||WSW|
|Kandi||Wed 2:30 AM||701 km||435 miles||378 nm||SSW|
|Kaduna||Wed 2:30 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.