Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 01:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.02 meters/second, 1548.1 km/hour, 961.9 miles/hour or 835.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.03 mi||west||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||north||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.8"||961.73 mi||west||0° 06' 32.0"||7.49 mi||north||961.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 21.9"||750.53 mi||east||2° 14' 03.0"||153.67 mi||north||761.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Agadez||Wed 2:30 AM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||E|
|Maradi||Wed 2:30 AM||427 km||266 miles||231 nm||SSE|
|Sokoto||Wed 2:30 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||S|
|Niamey||Wed 2:30 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||SW|
|Zinder||Wed 2:30 AM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||SE|
|Kano||Wed 2:30 AM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||SSE|
|Dori||Wed 1:30 AM||655 km||407 miles||353 nm||WSW|
|Kandi||Wed 2:30 AM||690 km||429 miles||372 nm||SSW|
|Kaduna||Wed 2:30 AM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||SSE|
|Fada N'gourma||Wed 1:30 AM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.