Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.53 meters/second, 1542.7 km/hour, 958.6 miles/hour or 833.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.98 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||north||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.2"||958.32 mi||west||0° 06' 03.8"||6.95 mi||north||958.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 16.0"||751.18 mi||east||2° 02' 07.9"||140.00 mi||north||759.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montego Bay||Wed 2:20 AM||194 km||121 miles||105 nm||ENE|
|May Pen||Wed 2:20 AM||242 km||150 miles||130 nm||ENE|
|George Town (Cayman)||Wed 2:20 AM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||NW|
|Kingston||Wed 2:20 AM||290 km||180 miles||156 nm||E|
|Camagüey *||Wed 3:20 AM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||NNE|
|Santiago de Cuba *||Wed 3:20 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||NE|
|Holguín *||Wed 3:20 AM||501 km||312 miles||271 nm||NE|
|Santa Clara *||Wed 3:20 AM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||N|
|Puerto Cabezas||Wed 1:20 AM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||SW|
|Havana *||Wed 3:20 AM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.