Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 1:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 13:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.08 meters/second, 1537.5 km/hour, 955.3 miles/hour or 830.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.5"||955.06 mi||West||0° 05' 34.3"||6.39 mi||North||954.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 07.0"||751.86 mi||East||1° 49' 39.9"||125.72 mi||North||758.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 3:18 AM||914 km||568 miles||493 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Wed 2:18 AM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:18 AM||2027 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:18 AM||2297 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 1:18 AM||2750 km||1708 miles||1485 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 1:18 AM||2896 km||1799 miles||1564 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:18 AM||2955 km||1836 miles||1596 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:18 AM||3096 km||1924 miles||1672 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:18 AM||3372 km||2095 miles||1821 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Thu 3:18 AM||3593 km||2233 miles||1940 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.