Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 1:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.07 meters/second, 1537.5 km/hour, 955.3 miles/hour or 830.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.5"||955.05 mi||West||0° 05' 34.1"||6.38 mi||North||954.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 08.1"||751.86 mi||East||1° 49' 35.6"||125.63 mi||North||758.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 3:20 AM||960 km||597 miles||519 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Wed 2:20 AM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:20 AM||2052 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:20 AM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 1:20 AM||2703 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 1:20 AM||2845 km||1768 miles||1536 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:20 AM||2914 km||1811 miles||1574 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:20 AM||3087 km||1918 miles||1667 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:20 AM||3347 km||2079 miles||1807 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 1:20 AM||3579 km||2224 miles||1932 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.