Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 1:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 13:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.03 meters/second, 1537.3 km/hour, 955.2 miles/hour or 830.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.2"||954.96 mi||West||0° 05' 33.3"||6.37 mi||North||954.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 12.7"||751.88 mi||East||1° 49' 14.4"||125.23 mi||North||758.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 3:30 AM||1199 km||745 miles||648 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Wed 2:30 AM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:30 AM||2156 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:30 AM||2194 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Thu 1:30 AM||2472 km||1536 miles||1335 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 1:30 AM||2590 km||1610 miles||1399 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:30 AM||2716 km||1688 miles||1467 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:30 AM||3054 km||1898 miles||1649 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:30 AM||3231 km||2007 miles||1744 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 1:30 AM||3367 km||2092 miles||1818 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.