Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 13:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 13:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.03 meters/second, 1537.3 km/hour, 955.2 miles/hour or 830.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.92 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||north||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.2"||954.96 mi||west||0° 05' 33.3"||6.37 mi||north||954.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 12.7"||751.88 mi||east||1° 49' 14.4"||125.23 mi||north||758.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 3:30 AM||1199 km||745 miles||648 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Wed 2:30 AM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:30 AM||2156 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:30 AM||2194 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Thu 1:30 AM||2486 km||1545 miles||1342 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 1:30 AM||2590 km||1610 miles||1399 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:30 AM||2716 km||1688 miles||1467 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:30 AM||3055 km||1898 miles||1649 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:30 AM||3229 km||2007 miles||1744 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 1:30 AM||3367 km||2092 miles||1818 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.