Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 14:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.73 meters/second, 1536.2 km/hour, 954.6 miles/hour or 829.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.91 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||north||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.7"||954.29 mi||west||0° 05' 26.8"||6.24 mi||north||954.06 mi|
|24 hours||348° 33' 12.0"||752.02 mi||west||1° 46' 32.7"||122.14 mi||north||757.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 2:46 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 2:46 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||S|
|Midway||Wed 3:46 AM||1491 km||926 miles||805 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:46 AM||1863 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||S|
|Palikir||Thu 1:46 AM||2023 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Thu 2:46 AM||2176 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:46 AM||2317 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:46 AM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:46 AM||3047 km||1893 miles||1645 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:46 AM||3089 km||1920 miles||1668 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.