Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 2:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.73 meters/second, 1536.2 km/hour, 954.6 miles/hour or 829.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||North||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.7"||954.29 mi||West||0° 05' 26.8"||6.24 mi||North||954.06 mi|
|24 hours||348° 33' 12.0"||752.02 mi||West||1° 46' 32.7"||122.14 mi||North||757.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 2:46 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 2:46 AM||1245 km||774 miles||672 nm||S|
|Midway||Wed 3:46 AM||1491 km||926 miles||805 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:46 AM||1863 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||S|
|Palikir||Thu 1:46 AM||2023 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Thu 2:46 AM||2177 km||1353 miles||1176 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:46 AM||2317 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:46 AM||3044 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:46 AM||3047 km||1893 miles||1645 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:46 AM||3089 km||1920 miles||1668 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.