Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.07 meters/second, 1533.9 km/hour, 953.1 miles/hour or 828.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.88 mi||west||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||north||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.2"||952.81 mi||west||0° 05' 12.2"||5.97 mi||north||952.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 05.9"||752.33 mi||east||1° 40' 25.8"||115.13 mi||north||757.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Thu 1:36 AM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Thu 1:36 AM||1187 km||738 miles||641 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Thu 1:36 AM||1249 km||776 miles||675 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Thu 2:36 AM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||SSE|
|Davao||Thu 1:36 AM||1411 km||877 miles||762 nm||SSW|
|Kagoshima||Thu 2:36 AM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||N|
|General Santos||Thu 1:36 AM||1528 km||950 miles||825 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 3:36 AM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||ESE|
|Kumamoto||Thu 2:36 AM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||N|
|Shantou||Thu 1:36 AM||1618 km||1006 miles||874 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.