Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.08 meters/second, 1533.9 km/hour, 953.1 miles/hour or 828.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.2"||952.82 mi||West||0° 05' 12.2"||5.97 mi||North||952.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 05.4"||752.33 mi||East||1° 40' 28.3"||115.18 mi||North||757.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Thu 1:36 AM||1205 km||749 miles||651 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Thu 1:36 AM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||WSW|
|Melekeok||Thu 2:36 AM||1261 km||783 miles||681 nm||SSE|
|Taipei||Thu 1:36 AM||1272 km||791 miles||687 nm||NW|
|Davao||Thu 1:36 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||SSW|
|Kagoshima||Thu 2:36 AM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||N|
|Hagåtña||Thu 3:36 AM||1510 km||938 miles||815 nm||ESE|
|General Santos||Thu 1:36 AM||1541 km||958 miles||832 nm||SSW|
|Kumamoto||Thu 2:36 AM||1586 km||985 miles||856 nm||N|
|Shantou||Thu 1:36 AM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.