Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 11:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 23:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.82 meters/second, 1529.4 km/hour, 950.3 miles/hour or 825.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.1"||950.00 mi||West||0° 04' 42.3"||5.40 mi||North||949.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 34.6"||752.92 mi||East||1° 27' 59.8"||100.88 mi||North||756.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al Mukalla||Thu 2:20 AM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||S|
|Sana||Thu 2:20 AM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||SW|
|Khamis Mushait||Thu 2:20 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||W|
|Salalah||Thu 3:20 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||ESE|
|Riyadh||Thu 2:20 AM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||NNW|
|Al Hudaydah||Thu 2:20 AM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||SW|
|Ta'izz||Thu 2:20 AM||758 km||471 miles||410 nm||SW|
|Doha||Thu 2:20 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||NNE|
|Aden||Thu 2:20 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||SSW|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Thu 2:20 AM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.