Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 12:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 00:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.65 meters/second, 1528.7 kilometres/hour, 949.9 miles/hour or 825.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.2"||949.61 mi||West||0° 04' 37.9"||5.31 mi||North||949.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 55.5"||753.00 mi||East||1° 26' 09.9"||98.78 mi||North||756.15 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Sudan||Thu 3:10 AM||118 km||73 miles||64 nm||ENE|
|Kassala||Thu 3:10 AM||400 km||248 miles||216 nm||S|
|Jeddah||Thu 3:10 AM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||NE|
|Keren||Thu 3:10 AM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||SSE|
|Teseney||Thu 3:10 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||S|
|Makkah||Thu 3:10 AM||451 km||280 miles||244 nm||NE|
|Asmara||Thu 3:10 AM||501 km||311 miles||271 nm||SE|
|Mendefera||Thu 3:10 AM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||SSE|
|Khartoum||Thu 3:10 AM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||SW|
|Aswan||Thu 2:10 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.