Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 01:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.45 meters/second, 1528.0 km/hour, 949.5 miles/hour or 825.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.0"||949.16 mi||West||0° 04' 32.9"||5.21 mi||North||948.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 19.3"||753.10 mi||East||1° 24' 02.0"||96.34 mi||North||755.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fada||Thu 2:08 AM||226 km||140 miles||122 nm||SSW|
|Faya-Largeau||Thu 2:08 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||WSW|
|Kufra||Thu 3:08 AM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||N|
|Abéché||Thu 2:08 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||SSW|
|Al-Fashir||Thu 4:08 AM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||SSE|
|Mongo||Thu 2:08 AM||856 km||532 miles||462 nm||SSW|
|Moussoro||Thu 2:08 AM||862 km||536 miles||465 nm||SW|
|Ndjamena||Thu 2:08 AM||1092 km||679 miles||590 nm||SW|
|Khartoum||Thu 4:08 AM||1164 km||723 miles||628 nm||ESE|
|Cairo||Thu 3:08 AM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.