Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.37 meters/second, 1527.7 kilometres/hour, 949.3 miles/hour or 824.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.5"||948.99 mi||West||0° 04' 30.8"||5.18 mi||North||948.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 28.3"||753.13 mi||East||1° 23' 13.4"||95.41 mi||North||755.94 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bardaï||Thu 2:30 AM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||N|
|Faya-Largeau||Thu 2:30 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||ESE|
|Fada||Thu 2:30 AM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||ESE|
|Moussoro||Thu 2:30 AM||612 km||380 miles||331 nm||S|
|Abéché||Thu 2:30 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||SE|
|Ndjamena||Thu 2:30 AM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||SSW|
|Kufra||Thu 3:30 AM||865 km||538 miles||467 nm||NE|
|Sabha||Thu 3:30 AM||908 km||564 miles||490 nm||NNW|
|Arlit||Thu 2:30 AM||1002 km||622 miles||541 nm||W|
|Kano||Thu 2:30 AM||1197 km||744 miles||646 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.