Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 2:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 02:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.21 meters/second, 1527.2 km/hour, 948.9 miles/hour or 824.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.6"||948.63 mi||West||0° 04' 26.7"||5.09 mi||North||948.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 47.7"||753.21 mi||East||1° 21' 27.3"||93.38 mi||North||755.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Thu 3:18 AM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||ESE|
|Agadez||Thu 3:18 AM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||SE|
|Maradi||Thu 3:18 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||SSE|
|Sokoto||Thu 3:18 AM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||S|
|Niamey||Thu 3:18 AM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||SSW|
|Zinder||Thu 3:18 AM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||SE|
|Dori||Thu 2:18 AM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||SW|
|Kano||Thu 3:18 AM||873 km||542 miles||471 nm||SSE|
|In Salah||Thu 3:18 AM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||NNW|
|Kandi||Thu 3:18 AM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.