Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 2:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 02:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.17 meters/second, 1527.0 kilometres/hour, 948.8 miles/hour or 824.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.5"||948.54 mi||West||0° 04' 25.5"||5.07 mi||North||948.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 52.4"||753.23 mi||East||1° 21' 00.7"||92.88 mi||North||755.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tamanrasset||Thu 3:30 AM||512 km||318 miles||276 nm||NE|
|Arlit||Thu 3:30 AM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||E|
|Dori||Thu 2:30 AM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||SSW|
|Timbuktu||Thu 2:30 AM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||WSW|
|Niamey||Thu 3:30 AM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||S|
|Agadez||Thu 3:30 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||ESE|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 2:30 AM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||SW|
|Maradi||Thu 3:30 AM||812 km||505 miles||438 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 2:30 AM||867 km||539 miles||468 nm||SSW|
|Kandi||Thu 3:30 AM||899 km||559 miles||485 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.