Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 03:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 03:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.00 meters/second, 1526.4 km/hour, 948.5 miles/hour or 824.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.81 mi||west||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||north||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.4"||948.16 mi||west||0° 04' 20.9"||4.99 mi||north||947.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 12.8"||753.31 mi||east||1° 19' 07.2"||90.71 mi||north||755.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Thu 3:20 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||WSW|
|Nouakchott||Thu 3:20 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||W|
|Rosso||Thu 3:20 AM||688 km||427 miles||371 nm||WSW|
|Tambacounda||Thu 3:20 AM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||SSW|
|Nouadhibou||Thu 3:20 AM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||WNW|
|Bamako||Thu 3:20 AM||767 km||477 miles||414 nm||SSE|
|Dakhla||Thu 3:20 AM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||NW|
|Touba||Thu 3:20 AM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||SW|
|Smara||Thu 3:20 AM||842 km||523 miles||454 nm||NNW|
|Farafenni||Thu 3:20 AM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.