Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 7:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 07:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.27 meters/second, 1523.8 kilometres/hour, 946.8 miles/hour or 822.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 17.2"||946.51 mi||West||0° 04' 00.4"||4.59 mi||North||946.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 40.4"||753.65 mi||East||1° 10' 36.0"||80.94 mi||North||755.20 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Juan||Thu 3:10 AM||143 km||89 miles||77 nm||SSW|
|Charlotte Amalie||Thu 3:10 AM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||SSE|
|Road Town||Thu 3:10 AM||151 km||94 miles||81 nm||SSE|
|Cruz Bay||Thu 3:10 AM||151 km||94 miles||82 nm||SSE|
|Spanish Town||Thu 3:10 AM||161 km||100 miles||87 nm||SE|
|Caguas||Thu 3:10 AM||162 km||101 miles||87 nm||SSW|
|Arroyo||Thu 3:10 AM||191 km||118 miles||103 nm||SSW|
|Guayama||Thu 3:10 AM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||SSW|
|Ponce||Thu 3:10 AM||215 km||133 miles||116 nm||SW|
|Christiansted||Thu 3:10 AM||215 km||133 miles||116 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.