Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 13:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.25 meters/second, 1520.1 km/hour, 944.5 miles/hour or 820.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.0"||944.22 mi||West||0° 03' 28.4"||3.98 mi||North||944.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 43.3"||754.14 mi||East||0° 57' 24.9"||65.83 mi||North||754.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Thu 3:00 AM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||W|
|Wailuku||Thu 3:00 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:00 AM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:00 AM||2148 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 2:00 AM||2913 km||1810 miles||1573 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco *||Thu 6:00 AM||3326 km||2067 miles||1796 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 6:00 AM||3507 km||2179 miles||1893 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:00 AM||3610 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas *||Thu 6:00 AM||3847 km||2390 miles||2077 nm||NE|
|Seattle *||Thu 6:00 AM||3961 km||2462 miles||2139 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.