Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 13:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.22 meters/second, 1520.0 km/hour, 944.5 miles/hour or 820.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.7"||944.17 mi||West||0° 03' 27.6"||3.97 mi||North||944.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 45.8"||754.15 mi||East||0° 57' 06.7"||65.48 mi||North||754.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Thu 3:08 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||W|
|Wailuku||Thu 3:08 AM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:08 AM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:08 AM||2081 km||1293 miles||1124 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 2:08 AM||2727 km||1695 miles||1473 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:08 AM||3445 km||2141 miles||1860 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Thu 6:08 AM||3477 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 6:08 AM||3677 km||2285 miles||1985 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:08 AM||3862 km||2400 miles||2086 nm||SW|
|Unalaska *||Thu 5:08 AM||3963 km||2463 miles||2140 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.