Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 13:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.20 meters/second, 1519.9 km/hour, 944.4 miles/hour or 820.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.6"||944.11 mi||West||0° 03' 26.7"||3.95 mi||North||943.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 49.1"||754.16 mi||East||0° 56' 43.8"||65.04 mi||North||754.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Thu 3:18 AM||70 km||44 miles||38 nm||WSW|
|Kailua-Kona||Thu 3:18 AM||165 km||102 miles||89 nm||WSW|
|Wailuku||Thu 3:18 AM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:18 AM||384 km||239 miles||208 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:18 AM||2025 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 2:18 AM||2497 km||1552 miles||1349 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:18 AM||3246 km||2017 miles||1753 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Thu 6:18 AM||3669 km||2280 miles||1981 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:18 AM||3726 km||2315 miles||2012 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 6:18 AM||3892 km||2418 miles||2101 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.