Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.19 meters/second, 1519.9 kilometres/hour, 944.4 miles/hour or 820.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.5"||944.10 mi||West||0° 03' 26.6"||3.95 mi||North||943.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 49.7"||754.16 mi||East||0° 56' 39.3"||64.96 mi||North||754.68 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Thu 3:20 AM||31 km||19 miles||17 nm||SSW|
|Kailua-Kona||Thu 3:20 AM||115 km||72 miles||62 nm||WSW|
|Wailuku||Thu 3:20 AM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||WNW|
|Napili-Honokowai||Thu 3:20 AM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:20 AM||339 km||210 miles||183 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:20 AM||2018 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 2:20 AM||2452 km||1524 miles||1324 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:20 AM||3207 km||1993 miles||1732 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:20 AM||3700 km||2299 miles||1998 nm||SSW|
|San Francisco *||Thu 6:20 AM||3708 km||2304 miles||2002 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.