Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 13:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.17 meters/second, 1519.8 km/hour, 944.4 miles/hour or 820.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.4"||944.05 mi||West||0° 03' 25.8"||3.93 mi||North||943.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 52.4"||754.17 mi||East||0° 56' 21.0"||64.61 mi||North||754.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kailua-Kona||Thu 3:28 AM||99 km||62 miles||54 nm||ESE|
|Wailuku||Thu 3:28 AM||110 km||68 miles||59 nm||NNE|
|Napili-Honokowai||Thu 3:28 AM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||N|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:28 AM||181 km||112 miles||98 nm||NW|
|Hilo||Thu 3:28 AM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:28 AM||2003 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 2:28 AM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:28 AM||3057 km||1899 miles||1651 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:28 AM||3604 km||2239 miles||1946 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:28 AM||3709 km||2305 miles||2003 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.