Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 13:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 13:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.17 meters/second, 1519.8 km/hour, 944.4 miles/hour or 820.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||west||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||north||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.4"||944.11 mi||west||0° 03' 25.7"||3.93 mi||north||943.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 52.8"||754.23 mi||east||0° 56' 18.5"||64.57 mi||north||754.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Napili-Honokowai||Thu 3:28 AM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||NNE|
|Wailuku||Thu 3:28 AM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||NNE|
|Kailua-Kona||Thu 3:28 AM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||ESE|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:28 AM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||NNW|
|Hilo||Thu 3:28 AM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:28 AM||2002 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 2:28 AM||2246 km||1395 miles||1213 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:28 AM||3037 km||1887 miles||1640 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:28 AM||3593 km||2232 miles||1940 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:28 AM||3697 km||2297 miles||1996 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.