Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 13:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.16 meters/second, 1519.8 kilometres/hour, 944.4 miles/hour or 820.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.4"||944.04 mi||West||0° 03' 25.7"||3.93 mi||North||943.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 53.0"||754.18 mi||East||0° 56' 16.6"||64.52 mi||North||754.67 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Napili-Honokowai||Thu 3:30 AM||133 km||83 miles||72 nm||NNE|
|Wailuku||Thu 3:30 AM||136 km||85 miles||74 nm||NE|
|Kailua-Kona||Thu 3:30 AM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||ESE|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:30 AM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||NNW|
|Waipahu||Thu 3:30 AM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||NNW|
|Hilo||Thu 3:30 AM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:30 AM||2002 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 2:30 AM||2226 km||1383 miles||1202 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:30 AM||3020 km||1877 miles||1631 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:30 AM||3581 km||2225 miles||1934 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.