Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 13:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 13:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.16 meters/second, 1519.8 km/hour, 944.3 miles/hour or 820.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||west||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||north||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.4"||944.03 mi||west||0° 03' 25.5"||3.93 mi||north||943.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 53.5"||754.18 mi||east||0° 56' 13.9"||64.47 mi||north||754.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Napili-Honokowai||Thu 3:30 AM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:30 AM||151 km||94 miles||81 nm||N|
|Wailuku||Thu 3:30 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||NE|
|Kailua-Kona||Thu 3:30 AM||175 km||109 miles||95 nm||ESE|
|Hilo||Thu 3:30 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:30 AM||2003 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 2:30 AM||2201 km||1368 miles||1188 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:30 AM||3000 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:30 AM||3570 km||2219 miles||1928 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:30 AM||3649 km||2268 miles||1970 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.