Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 2:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 14:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.06 meters/second, 1519.4 km/hour, 944.1 miles/hour or 820.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.07 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.7"||943.80 mi||West||0° 03' 21.9"||3.86 mi||North||943.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 06.0"||754.23 mi||East||0° 54' 45.4"||62.78 mi||North||754.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 4:10 AM||968 km||602 miles||523 nm||E|
|Midway||Thu 3:10 AM||1388 km||862 miles||749 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:10 AM||2268 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:10 AM||2421 km||1504 miles||1307 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 2:10 AM||2732 km||1698 miles||1475 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 2:10 AM||2757 km||1713 miles||1489 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:10 AM||2991 km||1858 miles||1615 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:10 AM||3280 km||2038 miles||1771 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:10 AM||3497 km||2173 miles||1888 nm||SSW|
|Adak *||Thu 5:10 AM||3633 km||2257 miles||1962 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.