Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 2:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 14:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.03 meters/second, 1519.3 km/hour, 944.1 miles/hour or 820.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.6"||943.74 mi||West||0° 03' 21.0"||3.84 mi||North||943.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 09.3"||754.24 mi||East||0° 54' 22.5"||62.34 mi||North||754.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 3:20 AM||1212 km||753 miles||654 nm||NW|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:20 AM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:20 AM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:20 AM||2402 km||1493 miles||1297 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Fri 2:20 AM||2504 km||1556 miles||1352 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 2:20 AM||2514 km||1562 miles||1357 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:20 AM||2806 km||1744 miles||1515 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:20 AM||3255 km||2022 miles||1757 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:20 AM||3392 km||2108 miles||1831 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 2:20 AM||3436 km||2135 miles||1855 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.