Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 2:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 14:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.00 meters/second, 1519.2 km/hour, 944.0 miles/hour or 820.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.3"||943.68 mi||West||0° 03' 20.0"||3.82 mi||North||943.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 12.5"||754.25 mi||East||0° 53' 59.8"||61.91 mi||North||754.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 3:30 AM||1065 km||661 miles||575 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:30 AM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:30 AM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 2:30 AM||2251 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 2:30 AM||2304 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:30 AM||2557 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:30 AM||2635 km||1637 miles||1423 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Fri 2:30 AM||3243 km||2015 miles||1751 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:30 AM||3251 km||2020 miles||1756 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:30 AM||3305 km||2054 miles||1784 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.