Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 3:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 15:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.87 meters/second, 1518.7 kilometres/hour, 943.7 miles/hour or 820.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.5"||943.39 mi||West||0° 03' 15.5"||3.74 mi||North||943.23 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 31.7"||754.32 mi||West||0° 52' 05.5"||59.73 mi||North||754.57 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 3:20 AM||986 km||613 miles||532 nm||W|
|Midway||Thu 4:20 AM||1124 km||699 miles||607 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Fri 3:20 AM||1521 km||945 miles||821 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:20 AM||2089 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:20 AM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Fri 2:20 AM||2415 km||1501 miles||1304 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Fri 3:20 AM||2487 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 5:20 AM||2722 km||1692 miles||1470 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Fri 3:20 AM||3181 km||1977 miles||1718 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Fri 1:20 AM||3406 km||2117 miles||1839 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.