Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.68 meters/second, 1518.0 km/hour, 943.3 miles/hour or 819.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.3"||942.95 mi||West||0° 03' 08.3"||3.60 mi||North||942.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 51.8"||754.41 mi||East||0° 49' 11.6"||56.40 mi||North||754.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 4:36 AM||951 km||591 miles||513 nm||E|
|Palikir||Fri 3:36 AM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Fri 2:36 AM||1557 km||967 miles||841 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 4:36 AM||2071 km||1287 miles||1118 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Fri 1:36 AM||2451 km||1523 miles||1323 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Fri 1:36 AM||2459 km||1528 miles||1328 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Fri 4:36 AM||2502 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||SSE|
|Nagoya||Fri 1:36 AM||2627 km||1632 miles||1419 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Fri 4:36 AM||2662 km||1654 miles||1438 nm||SE|
|Midway||Thu 5:36 AM||2687 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.