Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.68 meters/second, 1518.0 km/hour, 943.3 miles/hour or 819.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||west||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||north||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.3"||942.95 mi||west||0° 03' 08.3"||3.60 mi||north||942.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 51.8"||754.41 mi||east||0° 49' 11.6"||56.40 mi||north||754.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 4:36 AM||951 km||591 miles||513 nm||E|
|Palikir||Fri 3:36 AM||1464 km||910 miles||790 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Fri 2:36 AM||1557 km||967 miles||841 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 4:36 AM||2052 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Fri 1:36 AM||2445 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Fri 1:36 AM||2459 km||1528 miles||1328 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Fri 4:36 AM||2501 km||1554 miles||1350 nm||SSE|
|Nagoya||Fri 1:36 AM||2627 km||1632 miles||1419 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Fri 4:36 AM||2662 km||1654 miles||1438 nm||SE|
|Midway||Thu 5:36 AM||2687 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.