Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 5:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 17:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.57 meters/second, 1517.6 km/hour, 943.0 miles/hour or 819.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.6"||942.71 mi||West||0° 03' 04.2"||3.52 mi||North||942.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 04.9"||754.46 mi||East||0° 47' 30.7"||54.47 mi||North||754.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 3:20 AM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Fri 3:20 AM||778 km||484 miles||420 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Fri 2:20 AM||1842 km||1145 miles||995 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Fri 2:20 AM||1845 km||1146 miles||996 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Fri 2:20 AM||1845 km||1146 miles||996 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Fri 2:20 AM||1849 km||1149 miles||999 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Fri 2:20 AM||1861 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Fri 2:20 AM||1861 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Fri 4:20 AM||1900 km||1180 miles||1026 nm||SE|
|Nagoya||Fri 2:20 AM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.