Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.51 meters/second, 1517.4 km/hour, 942.9 miles/hour or 819.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.3"||942.56 mi||West||0° 03' 01.8"||3.48 mi||North||942.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 12.8"||754.49 mi||East||0° 46' 30.9"||53.33 mi||North||754.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 3:46 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 3:46 AM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Fri 2:46 AM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Fri 2:46 AM||1634 km||1015 miles||882 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Fri 2:46 AM||1654 km||1027 miles||893 nm||N|
|Osaka||Fri 2:46 AM||1684 km||1046 miles||909 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Fri 2:46 AM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||N|
|Kobe||Fri 2:46 AM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Fri 2:46 AM||1700 km||1056 miles||918 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Fri 2:46 AM||1702 km||1057 miles||919 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.