Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.39 meters/second, 1517.0 km/hour, 942.6 miles/hour or 819.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.5"||942.29 mi||West||0° 02' 57.1"||3.39 mi||North||942.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 27.3"||754.55 mi||East||0° 44' 36.0"||51.14 mi||North||754.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naha||Fri 3:36 AM||668 km||415 miles||360 nm||N|
|Kaohsiung||Fri 2:36 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||WNW|
|Taipei||Fri 2:36 AM||901 km||560 miles||487 nm||NW|
|Taoyuan City||Fri 2:36 AM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Fri 2:36 AM||927 km||576 miles||500 nm||WNW|
|Quezon||Fri 2:36 AM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||SW|
|Manila||Fri 2:36 AM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||SW|
|Foochow||Fri 2:36 AM||1149 km||714 miles||621 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Fri 2:36 AM||1179 km||732 miles||636 nm||WNW|
|Kagoshima||Fri 3:36 AM||1272 km||791 miles||687 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.