Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.39 meters/second, 1517.0 km/hour, 942.6 miles/hour or 819.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.71 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||north||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.5"||942.29 mi||west||0° 02' 57.1"||3.39 mi||north||942.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 27.3"||754.55 mi||east||0° 44' 36.0"||51.14 mi||north||754.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naha||Fri 3:36 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||N|
|Kaohsiung||Fri 2:36 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||WNW|
|Taipei||Fri 2:36 AM||901 km||560 miles||487 nm||NW|
|Baguio City||Fri 2:36 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||WSW|
|Quezon||Fri 2:36 AM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||SW|
|Manila||Fri 2:36 AM||1018 km||633 miles||550 nm||SW|
|Makati||Fri 2:36 AM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||SW|
|Foochow||Fri 2:36 AM||1149 km||714 miles||621 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Fri 2:36 AM||1179 km||732 miles||636 nm||WNW|
|Kagoshima||Fri 3:36 AM||1272 km||791 miles||687 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.