Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 7:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 19:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.33 meters/second, 1516.8 km/hour, 942.5 miles/hour or 819.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.0"||942.17 mi||West||0° 02' 55.0"||3.34 mi||North||942.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 34.1"||754.58 mi||East||0° 43' 40.7"||50.08 mi||North||754.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Fri 3:00 AM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Fri 3:00 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||NNW|
|Hsinchu||Fri 3:00 AM||536 km||333 miles||290 nm||NNW|
|Taoyuan City||Fri 3:00 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Fri 3:00 AM||547 km||340 miles||296 nm||NNW|
|Tarlac City||Fri 3:00 AM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||SSW|
|Mabalacat||Fri 3:00 AM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||SSW|
|Angeles||Fri 3:00 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||SSW|
|Quezon||Fri 3:00 AM||642 km||399 miles||346 nm||SSW|
|Manila||Fri 3:00 AM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.