Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.26 meters/second, 1516.5 kilometres/hour, 942.3 miles/hour or 818.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.6"||942.02 mi||West||0° 02' 52.3"||3.29 mi||North||941.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 42.1"||754.61 mi||East||0° 42' 36.2"||48.85 mi||North||754.45 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kowloon||Fri 3:28 AM||291 km||181 miles||157 nm||NW|
|Hong Kong||Fri 3:28 AM||294 km||183 miles||159 nm||NW|
|Shenzhen||Fri 3:28 AM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||NW|
|Macau||Fri 3:28 AM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||NW|
|Shantou||Fri 3:28 AM||347 km||216 miles||188 nm||NNE|
|Guangzhou||Fri 3:28 AM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||NW|
|Foshan||Fri 3:28 AM||425 km||264 miles||230 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Fri 3:28 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||NNE|
|Kaohsiung||Fri 3:28 AM||553 km||343 miles||298 nm||NE|
|Haikou||Fri 3:28 AM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.