Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 8:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 20:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.12 meters/second, 1516.0 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.6"||941.70 mi||West||0° 02' 46.4"||3.18 mi||North||941.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 59.5"||754.68 mi||East||0° 40' 13.4"||46.12 mi||North||754.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luang Prabang||Fri 3:30 AM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||ESE|
|Chiang Rai||Fri 3:30 AM||131 km||82 miles||71 nm||WSW|
|Chiang Mai||Fri 3:30 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SW|
|Vientiane||Fri 3:30 AM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||SSE|
|Xam Neua||Fri 3:30 AM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||E|
|Udon Thani||Fri 3:30 AM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||SSE|
|Khon Kaen||Fri 3:30 AM||473 km||294 miles||256 nm||SSE|
|Hanoi||Fri 3:30 AM||511 km||317 miles||276 nm||E|
|Naypyidaw||Fri 3:00 AM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||W|
|Nakhon Sawan||Fri 3:30 AM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.