Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 10:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 22:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.88 meters/second, 1515.2 kilometres/hour, 941.5 miles/hour or 818.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.1"||941.16 mi||West||0° 02' 36.1"||2.98 mi||North||941.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 28.8"||754.81 mi||East||0° 35' 59.1"||41.26 mi||North||754.45 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sakri||Fri 3:50 AM||64 km||40 miles||35 nm||N|
|Dhule||Fri 3:50 AM||67 km||41 miles||36 nm||NE|
|Shirdi||Fri 3:50 AM||73 km||45 miles||39 nm||S|
|Nashik||Fri 3:50 AM||77 km||48 miles||42 nm||SW|
|Amalner||Fri 3:50 AM||99 km||61 miles||53 nm||NE|
|Nandurbar||Fri 3:50 AM||106 km||66 miles||57 nm||N|
|Aurangabad||Fri 3:50 AM||132 km||82 miles||71 nm||SE|
|Jalgaon||Fri 3:50 AM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||ENE|
|Silvassa||Fri 3:50 AM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||W|
|Ahmednagar||Fri 3:50 AM||151 km||94 miles||81 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.